- Please withhold food the night before the surgery after 10:00 p.m. Your pet is allowed to have water up until surgery time.
- Your pet can receive all of their medications the night before surgery unless directed otherwise. Please provide a list of all medications your pet is taking at his or her pre-surgical blood work and exam. Please bring your pet’s morning medications with you and we will give them when appropriate.
- Please have your pet here by 8:00 a.m. the morning of their surgery. They should be ready to go home between 5:30-6:00 p.m. that same evening unless you are instructed otherwise.
- If your pet is having a surgery which may require sutures we suggest you bathe them or have them bathed a day or two before their surgery. If they have sutures they will not be able to be bathed for 7-10 days after surgery.
- Please let us know the day of surgery if your pet has had any vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, lethargy, or any abnormal behavior in the previous 48 hours. If this occurs, we may elect to postpone your pets surgery.
- If you have a female dog scheduled for a spay and they come into heat prior to surgery, we will be unable to spay them for six weeks. This does not apply to feline patients.
- Please let us know if you would like us to microchip your pet while they are under anesthesia. This allows them to be micrchipped without discomfort. Microchips are an excellent way to help ensure your pet will make it back to you should they ever become lost.
- We will call you to confirm your pet’s surgery the night before. We will also call you after your pet’s surgery to update you on their progress. Please leave a number when you drop your pet off where you can be reached at all times that day. If there is an emergency during your pet's surgery, we need to be able to reach you immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns prior to your pet’s surgery please call us at 222-3117. Your comfort with the procedure and your pet’s comfort are of utmost importance to us.
Northwood Animal Hospital is available after hours in case of a problem at 385-8181.
Melanie C. Donofro, DVM Jennell Appel, DVM Brittany First, DVM